Thursday, May 31, 2007

Eres Todo

Eres todo poderoso
Eres grande majestuoso
Eres fuerte
Invincible
Y no hay nadie como tu

One of my most favorite songs in the world...in Spanish or English. :) We had a preperatory meeting last night for our trip. It was kind of the first in the last push of regular meetings before we actually leave. Notice the countdown? Not long now! :)

I've been a little stressed this week about the trip...mostly because I feel like I have soooo much to do in very little time. But, after our meeting last night, I feel a lot better. The meeting didn't really help me get anything done...in fact it was yet another evening I wasn't at my old apartment packing boxes to move, or at my new house doing laundry. But, I can look around the circle of team members and so completely see God's hand in every aspect of the trip. And even though I panic every year at the two-weeks-before-we-leave point, I have no doubt that the Lord will accomplish everything that needs to happen between now and June 16.

I am also realizing how blessed I am to be a part of a church whose very heart is missions...and missions for the sake of being a part of what the Lord is doing and not just the adventure of a few days in another country. I'm ready a book right now called Serving With Eyes Wide Open. Its about how often Americans are convinced that our way is the only right way. (Don't get me wrong, I'm am very aware of how blessed I am to live here.) We have no concept of how vast the church is outside of our borders. We have a tendency to run into a church/ministry in another country and force our programs and mechanisms...without regard for the time and work the missionaries or national believers have put in. And, I am so grateful that so many of the "wrong" (for lack of a better word) motivations and movements of missions teams are so very far from my experiences with missiosn trips...and this is my fourth trip out of the country in, ummm, 3.5 years.

I can't for that trip when I don't have to come back! :)

2 comments:

Ryan and Stephanie said...

Cool, we're leaving on the same date! Yeah, I can feel the stress. I had to cancel a few things today just so I can think straight. My boss comes back next week from his long trip and will want to catch up, my husband has a HUGE test to take and pass before we leave, I have to get malaria meds, like now, and I'm ill.
No, I'm not feeling it...

The Wyatts said...

That book sounds great. We may have to get that one. I'm excited for you and know you are in for a great trip! Can't wait to hear what God does in and through you. Love, Christy