Tuesday, June 5, 2007

Kinda makes you wonder...

I know everything happens for a reason and whatever the circumstance, however seemingly coincidental, God has a specific, ordained purpose...I stinking can't wait to figure out the specific, ordained purpose for my experience today...

So, I was at work...in the front. (If you know anything about the way I am at work, you know that's rare...I stay in the back as much as possible 'cause I can get more work done that way). I made a comment to a co-worker about how I'll be out of the country for Father's Day. The lady my co-worker was waiting on asked where I am going...the conversation pretty much went as follows:

Me: I'll be in Ecuador.

Her: Oh, I have a friend who lives in Tampa who is going to Ecuador that weekend, too.

Me: That's funny...I grew up in Tampa.

Her: Well, if you run into a group from Tampa, her name is Lora Lamb...

Me: Oh my word! I went to high school with her!!!

Now, combine the fact that I graduated in a class of 14...and my high school is about eight hours away from here. I NEVER run into people I went to high school with...or even people who have ever heard of my high school. Anyway, Lora's dad was my assistant volleyball coach my Senior year and I played ball with her older sister Tara. So, this group that Lora is a part of is not only going to Ecuador the same time I am but they will be working at THE SAME CAMP where we'll be for a day or two! Unbelievable! The lady in the store called Lora to see if she remembered me and it turns out Lora has been sick and her doctors won't let her leave the country so she won't be there...but the rest of her group will be. She still lives in the same area, so I guess its possible that I may run into someone else I went to school with or something.

I don't know what the Lord has planned for why I ran into this lady and we figured it out...but since Lora isn't going to Ecuador but still has the time off, she may come up here for a visit. I'm not sure if I'll be back in the country by the time she's here but if I am, we're going to get together. :)

Counting down the days...and Ecuador is, indeed, just days away!!! :)

No comments: