Friday, June 15, 2007

Seriously...tomorrow?

This is pretty much it...we leave for Ecuador first thing in the morning! :)

Thank you, again, for all of your support, encouragement and prayers as I've prepared for this trip...especially this week. This week has been incredibly difficult for me...two people I know passed away, my car broke down, got fixed and then broke down again (seriously), and I moved out of my first apartment. But, as a good friend at work reminded me, this is the same kind of week I had right before I left last year. Even in the middle of the battle this week, I knew that the Enemy only attacks what threatens him...and apparently God has some pretty huge plans for me in Ecuador 'cause I am posing quite a threat to the other team. :) Really, it has been your prayers and encouragement that has allowed me to get to this place without losing my mind. Physically, I'm ready...bags are packed and at the church ready to go on the bus, carry-on is ready to go...I even remembered to leave clothes out for myself to wear tomorrow. My brain, however, has no comprehension that in 24 hours I'll be with my friends in Ecuador...that's ridiculous! :) I predict a lot of tears when I step off the plane and see Dan and Jen...and then on Sunday: Jonhattan, Ivonne, Hernan and Jenni!

For as little as I grasp the fact that I am blessed to be called back to that place...I am so, so excited as well.

So, I guess, pray for us...a lot. :) I don't want to come in only 8 short days, but if I have to, I'm glad I get to share all of the amazing things the Lord has done while we're there with all of you. I'm a writer...I journal EVERYTHING and I love to take pictures...there is going to be so so much to tell you! I guess, I'll write again in 8 days!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.