Thursday, August 2, 2007

Old Stuff

So, I have a gajillion (a "gajillion" being an approximation) boxes of stuff. When I moved out of my folks house, I did it in such a hurry that I just threw everything in boxes and put them in the shop at a friends house...that was two years ago. Now, I'm going through them and getting rid of stuff and repacking in a way that makes sense.

In the middle of it all, I found my journal from the year I was at Word of Life, which is the first 18 months or so after I lost my grandparents. Really, it makes me laugh...I wrote all through it about how much I was growing in the Lord and how much I was learning about Him. Now, I can look back and see that saying those things was really just saying the right words. I did learn a lot...but nothing compared to the last few years.

Anyway, in the middle of the school year, right before Christmas, I wrote a poem and put it in my journal. I am so not a poet...I used to try to be one, but I haven't written anything like this in years. I thought I'd share it...

I don't know where I'm going
I'm not sure where this path leads
Whatever is in my future
I lay at Jesus' feet
Tomorrow could be my last day
Or maybe a new start
Either way, I know You have a plan
For the purpose of my heart

So I will follow You
I will walk the path You choose
Through the darkest night
And the brightest light
I know You are the Way
And I will follow You

My life is but a vapor
I'm just a stranger in this land
But I know that You will guide me
By the grace of Your ever-loving hand
With all that I am
And all that I have
I will walk through this land
For the glory of You, Father

So I will follow You
I will walk the path You choose
Through the darkest night
And the brightest light
I know You are the Way
And I will follow You

Christy & Leese: All through the journal, too, are references to how grateful I was (and still am!) for your friendship and encouragment...your presence in my life made such a difference in the way I dealt with losing my grandparents...love you guys!

5 comments:

Lisa said...

Wow! That's so cool! I'm thankful we are still friends now, even though we live in different places. Your poem was neat too. It really shows your heart...trusting the Lord for whatever He has in His hand for you. Love you!

Morgan said...

Sorry, no more belly pics til there's actually a noticeable difference...I haven't changed much in these past couple weeks!

Carol Hoffman said...

Kerri,
I loved the poem!
I am so proud of you and pray that as you continue on this journey of following God that He will grow bigger and more precious to you!
You are one special woman!
Love,
Carol Hoffman(better known as Grammy now)

The Wyatts said...

Thanks, Kerry. It's great to hear your heart. I pray mine has the same surrender!

Morgan said...

I'm due Jan 24th. :)