Thursday, September 20, 2007

My family's humble abode...sort of...

I feel like I didn't post for a really long time because nothing was going on...and now I'm posting twice a day. Not sure what that's about.

So, I posted a couple days ago about the email I sent out asking for prayer for my family because they are moving abroad. (See: Pray for My Family) In said post, I mentioned that I would post pictures later.

Now, my mother has a cd *somewhere* with pictures of the island and the house and the view and all that...however, in the midst of packing and shipping and getting ready for the big move, nobody knows where it is. So, being the tech-savy little girl that I am (not) I googled St. Kitts and came up with these pics.

On a side note, I would like to invent a thing, a noun, that is so widely used and recognized that it becomes a verb...ie: Google.

Pack to the pics...



This is the view of the Marriott...its where my dad has stayed all the times he's gone down to prepare for the move. Actually, it's where he's been living since Labor Day. And, if the house isn't ready when my fam gets there next week, they will stay at the Marriott until the house is ready.



The coast of St. Kitts...and can I just say, Shut up! My family gets to live there!?! And, I have a free place to stay on that very island??? So, pretty much, while you guys are freezing in February and lamenting the fact that you live in Georgia where cold is pointless because it doesn't snow...I'll be on this very island. :)



According to Google Images, they play a lot of Cricket in St. Kitts, which I'm pretty excited about. I've always wanted to see a cricket match...even though I hear its pretty boring.



St. George's Anglican church...I can't wait to see and photograph the architecture.



People keep asking where St. Kitts is...now I know how to answer.

If I ever find the cd, I'll post pictures of the actual house...or, I'll just go there myself after the first of the year and take my own pictures.

No comments: