Monday, September 24, 2007

My new vacation home

So, after much packing and moving of very, very heavy boxes, foot lockers and suitcases, my family left yesterday. I doubt anyone really cares about this, but I feel it humorous to note just how much stuff my mother took to St. Kitts with her. Let's see...there were the 18 boxes (seriously) of stuff picked up by the shipping company. They are being driving by truck to Miami where they will arrive in St. Kitts in about two weeks via ship. And then, there were four of them traveling and each could check two pieces of luggage. She took 5 of the big foot locker type trunks, each loaded, plus a large suitcase and two more boxes.

She emailed me yesterday and they did indeed arrive safely...no word on whether all the luggage arrived. I guess no news is good news. I'm sure she would have called if anything didn't make it. Anyway, their trip consisted three flights: Atlanta to Miami, Miami to Puerto Rico, and Puerto Rico to St. Kitts. (I am very entertained by the thought of my mother and her three children on a lay-over in Puerto Rico.)

The pilot on their flight from Atlanta to Miami was a friend of my mom's! For a few years in a row, my family stayed in the same house in Indian Rocks Beach, Florida when they were on vacation and became friends with the lady who owned the house next door...I don't think my family has been back there in 2 or 3 years, but that lady's husband was their pilot. He bumped them up to first class, gave my brothers a tour of the cockpit and let my bigger brother sit in the captains seat. Not a bad start to what could have been a very long journey.

Anyway, I did indeed find the pictures of their house down there, so here you go...


The view from their back porch.


The above referenced back porch.


The neighborhood pool...its one of those ones with a false side so when you look out it looks like you're in the Caribbean.

1 comment:

Lisa said...

Wow!!! What a place to live!! I'm glad everyone arrived safe and sound. Hope you're doing okay with all this. Love you!