Thursday, August 19, 2010

Confessions of a Terrible Blogger

I am a terrible blogger.

There.  I've said it.  Admitted it.

That's the first step to healing and change, right?  Admission?

So, I hardly ever blog...mostly because I don't think anyone really cares to read what I have to say...although, my friend Amy has disputed that on numerous occasions.

It seems that, as of late (and, by "of late" I mean my most recent few posts, not an actual time frame), I have had quite a lot to say.  The posts have been long.  See, the simple fact is, I have a lot in my brain.  Not really a lot of useful information most of the time, but a lot of thoughts at least.  And, I do like to write.  And, I do, desperately want to be intentional about writing more.

So, here I am, in public committing to blog more.  (Question: If you make a commitment in public and no one is there to hear it, is it a real commitment?)  Really, my hope in blogging the things I'm thinking these days is to spur discussion.  Outside of the Bible and what it clearly defines, there isn't a whole lot that I am dogmatic about...at least, I don't think there is...I guess we'll find out should this here blog actually spur discussion.  I love debate and discussion - within the boundaries of respect and honor - and I have some people in my life these days who exhort me to greater depths of thought on the things of the Lord...and I couldn't be more grateful for them.

The other main impetus in my new drive to blog more is my upcoming trip to Israel.

I am a journal-er when I travel...not so much when I'm at home.  I will write like mad while I'm gone...and plan to turn at least some of those pages into blog posts.  I'll even post some in the next 3 weeks or so until I leave.

On the same topic as this trip to Israel, about five months ago, I had an amazing opportunity to spend two weeks in Jordan.  I learned so much in the weeks leading up to that trip that I was afraid I'd need a couple weeks to recover before experiencing all that God had for me on the actual trip.  Really, amazing doesn't even begin to cover it.  BUT, I journaled all of that as well and will be working on making some of that story blog-able as well.  So many people walked that journey with me, or just heard bits and pieces of it in the last few days.  It is a ridiculous story of God's provision that left me completely unable to ever again wonder if God loves me.  Clearly, He does.

So, here is my new commitment to being a better blogger...Amy, hold me accountable.  :)

1 comment:

amy said...

Yay! I will try the blogger accountability part, though I have been a bit lax in this area lately as well... Maybe we can spur one another on?