Tuesday, November 13, 2007

I'm in love

He is a beautiful, sweet boy...dark skin, black hair and light eyes. As I type he is turning exactly 24hours old.

And, I am claiming partial nephew rights and dibs on any non-family babysitting needs.

By the way, his name is Nathan Eapen Abraham and he tapped in at 9:52am, November 12, 2007...7lbs 13oz (smaller than they expected, I think) and 21 inches long.

Seven and half years ago, when I first moved to Georgia, Nathan's daddy, Prasad, had just moved here as well. (Side note: it's a little odd to refer to Prasad as a dad.) He and I and a few other folks became fast friends. He was like my brother. I remember thinking, years ago, about how hard it would be to watch him get married because nobody would ever be good enough for him. Ever. Nobody.

A few years ago...2004, I guess...I met Mary. She's pretty great. I don't really remember becoming friends with her or her family...just being friends. And, at one point, thinking how hard it would be to watch Mary fall in love and get married because nobody would ever be good enough for her. Ever.

And then I found out she and Prasad were dating.

Mary and Prasad set a high standard for how to do dating, engagement, wedding and marriage well. It has been and is such a blessing to watch them and know them and learn from them.

And, now they have a sweet boy!!!

P-fro and Mary D...I love you guys...I'm so proud of you and I can't wait to watch your little guy grow up!!!

(I'll post pictures later...I spent some time at the hospital yesterday, but nurses/people were in and out and then it was time for Nathan to eat so I really only took one picture. I'll get more. :))

No comments: