Monday, November 26, 2007

I feel accomplished...

I love, love, love to paint. Love it. I like most things crafty...but I really love to paint a room. And, while I have painted a grand total of one scenic oil paintings, my favorite is painting walls...like, in a room. I understand that this qualifies me as weird and, really, I'm ok with that. So, when my family left the country for a year and my mother not only gave me permission to paint various rooms in her house, but actually asked me to do it I was pretty excited. I know this doesn't thrill anybody else, but I'm going to share the before and afters anyway. :)

THE FAMILY ROOM:
Before:





After:


I don't know if you can really tell the color difference in those pics. The room was kind of an eggshell color, very plain...its now a soft green:


I'm almost done with the kitchen which was...well, once upon a time it was a soft yellow, but it had faded to look like the same cream as the old family room. Now it's a robust pumpkin/dark orange color...I love it!

1 comment:

Lisa said...

Hey, none of your pictures are showing up...is it just me? I've had that happen before on my blog and I've had to re-post them. I want to see them! ; )