Saturday, December 15, 2007

PN2K7

One of my very first posts about a year ago was about Princess Night 2006. A couple weeks ago, we had Princess Night 2007.

Princess Night has very quickly become one of my favorite Young Life events of the year. (I mean, Mall Hunt will ALWAYS be my absolute favorite...but I do love PN.) For those who don't know, Princess Night...well, really Princess Night defies explanation. It involves crazy dresses (think Prom circa 1987), crazy make-up (think Tammy Faye, circa 1987), and 100 screaming high school girls all over southern Gwinnett County. This year, we met the girls at the movie theater and took them to the D-house at the church where we all got dressed in our smokin' hot dresses and did each other's make-up. From there, each team (broken up by school) set off on a digital camera scavenger hunt.

The first item on our list: a pic of our entire team in a bathtub...

Our team: Angela, Rachael (another leader), Me, Nicole

We took a picture of our team at the girls' school sign:

That involved climbing a small wooden fence, climbing a small wall and going through some bushes...oh, and abandoning Angela on the sign. :)

The list said we would get bonus points for a picture of members of our team in jail:

Technically, the camera was in a grocery cart and we were on the outside...but I love this picture. :)

The event officially ended with a Bad Dance-off back at the church at 11...but about 10 girls (students and leaders) spent the night at my house after. It was great...at about 3am a few of the girls decided they were hungry...so I took 3 of them to Waffle House. While we were there, we saw a guy get arrested for having a bag of cocaine in his car. All in all, by the time we got back and I got to sleep, it was about 530am...and some of the girls had to get up at 7 to get to church on time. Yeah...I was exhausted! I ended up calling in sick to work the next day so I could chill out and get some sleep.

I had such a great time with the girls, though! And the evening definetely went a long way toward building relationships with them. Rachael and I are going to start a Bible study with some of them after the first of the year...I can't wait!!!

On a completely unrelated note, my mom called me about 17 times yesterday...she had won a bid on ebay. It turns out, if you have a PayPal account in the US, you can't charge to it from another country so she needed me to go into her account and charge it. Turns out, it was my Christmas present.

I CAN'T WAIT for it to get here!!! :) I'm so into art and creating right now...I'm really excited about this opportunity to really expand one of my favorite methods of creating!!!

1 comment:

Lisa said...

Wow, sounds like quite a crazy night! Love your makeup by the way. The things you do for ministry... : )
Love you.