Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Please pray for sweet Ellie and her family!

I don't really have time to tell the whole story of how the Lord keeps bringing this sweet girl and her family into my life...its amazing, really.

Her grandmother, in a way, discipled me when I was in college. It was her (Nancy's) story that the Lord first used to really turn my heart toward missions and South America. To this day, I would give anything to be a missionary in Panama, in the villages where Nancy and her husband served...but, that isn't what the Lord has for me.

Anyway, the short story is that Ellie was diagnosed with cancer the day before she turned 8...just over a year ago. Today, on her blog, her mother (Sarah, Nancy's daughter) asked those who have read and prayed for Ellie for so long to let her go. They know she is dying...it sounds like, maybe, a matter of days.

So, I ask you to pray for this family...Nancy, her husband Gary. Ellie. Ellie's parents, John and Sarah and Ellie's brother, Ethan who, I think, is only 5 years old.

I'll tell you more of the story later...

Oh...for Ellie's more complete story, read their blog: Ellie Skees

No comments: