Monday, January 14, 2008

On the Road Again...

Sort of...

In 2008, this is the 12th day the store has been open. I've worked 10 of those days...but I've only been in the store for 5 of them. I worked a book table at a conference near the airport for four days, and was at the Mart for 2 days. I stayed at the hotel during the conference since I was working 8am-11pm (straight) each day...we, obviously, came home from the Mart...but I feel like I've been gone. So, even thought I haven't really been on the road, I feel like I have.

And I'm leaving again today.

Remember sweet Ellie? She went to Jesus on December 19th. She lived most of her life in Orlando, but had moved to Montana for a while for treatment. When she first passed, they had a memorial service for her up there. Tomorrow morning is the service in Orlando. A friend and I are leaving this afternoon to be at the service.

Pray for us. It's going to be a rough trip. We're making the same long drive twice in 24 hours...not to mention going to a service celebrating a life cut way too short...well, in our perception it was too short.

No comments: