Thursday, February 14, 2008

Mr. X's Wiggidy Wac, Shiggidy Shack

So, here I am in St. Kitts. It's absolutely, beyond words beautiful here. Tomorrow, I'll look at something other than my sister's face and tell you about the scenery. :) I'm so excited to be here with my family! To be more accurate, I'm so excited to be with my family and I'm so happy to be here! :)

My day today started out at 430 this morning. So early. I flew to Miami on a flight of about a million children, most of whom cried through take-off and landing. Got to Miami with just enough time to walk off my plane, down a hall to the next concourse, and right onto my next plane.

A story about my flight from Miami to St. Kitts: when I got on the plane, there was an older lady in the seat behind me. She was wearing a sleeveless, red sweater-shirt. And by red, I mean, RED. And she was letting everybody know how hot she was going to be sitting by the window (where the sun would come in) on a flight to the Caribbean. During the flight, she hit/kicked/pushed my seat so many times in rapid succession, I actually turned around to see if she was have a seizure. She wasn't. She was just crabby. Anyway, we landed in St. Kitts, I stood up, turned around and watch her put on a sweater that matches the shirt. A sweater. So, it's time to get off the plane and I'm stuck behind this woman going down the steps to the tarmac. She takes about four steps away from the bottom of the stairway, stops, puts down her carryon and takes off the sweater she had been wearing for approximately 3.7 minutes.

I'm not sure why I'm so fascinated with that lady.

So, I got to see my family and we went to dinner at this restaurant called Ciao's. Fantastic. Fantastic. Lobster Thermador. Spiny tailed lobster...lots of cheese...mushrooms. Mmmmmmm...might have to do that again while I'm here. After dinner, my mom and I went to the Marriott for coffee and desert. Again I say: Mmmmmmmm...

Right now, I'm sitting on the couch watching MythBusters with my brother. To my right, the French doors are open to the (gorgeous) deck complete with pool and really great chairs. It's actually raining right now, but it's a great, relaxing rain.

On tap for tomorrow: sleeping in, going out on the boat, eating more seafood. I'm hoping that the going out on the boat part also involves a little tubing and wakeboarding. :)

Oh! After dessert at the Marriott, my mom decided to drive along the beach area. Along the beach area, there are two "must-go" beach bars...even if you don't drink, these are two places you have to visit just because they are "famous," and, I think, they are significantly less bar-ish during the day. One of them is called 'Mr. X's Shiggidy Shack.' I want to go there just because its called the Shiggidy Shack. I'm hoping they have t-shirts.

Heather: I told my mom that when you come down with me, we would have to go there b/c you'd love it just 'cause it has the word 'shiggidy' in the name. :)

Love you, friends!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

ok, so i just noticed this little blog thing... i know, i know, im not real computer savvy. gimme a break, ok? :)

but you're SO right.... i would totally go there simply for the name!!!! miss you!