Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Praise God for Cold Medicine and Good Friends

I feel much, MUCH better today. Still not 100%, but so much better than the last few days.

I've been taking Tylenol Cold consistently since Monday night and using my blessed Vicks Vapo Inhaler...and it seems to be working. :)

Yay! Now, to start thinking about my Peru trip!

So, I found out this week how cold it's going to be up there in the mountains. I guess I didn't really realize how high up we were going to be. I guess it's higher than I've been before. I mean, I've seen some cool weather in South America, but nothing like this. We're talking lows of 23 and highs of 68...in the SAME DAY!!!

And, in finding out how cold it's going to be, I also discovered that I need to make some clothing purchases for the trip. The next logical question, then, is how in the world am I going to pay for them??? (This is where the 'praise God for good friends part comes in.')

I was given a check yesterday for my trip from a good friend. (One whom I appreciated greatly before this event.) A few hours later I looked at it and it was written to me, not to the church...which would mean said friend would not get the tax receipt. I brought this to Great Friend's attention...and Great Friend's reply was that the money was for me for my trip...the extra expenses, not just what the trip cost.

What a blessing!!! And encouragement!!! In all honesty, I think this gift is part of what has me feeling better just for it's stress relief. :) Of course, it could also have something to do with the lecture I received from Good Friend about how I haven't been drinking enough water...and the subsequent texts to drink water...and the five bottles of water I drank yesterday afternoon/evening after talking with Good Friend. :)

So...today is my last day of work before Peru. That means, tomorrow is consumed with shopping and packing...Friday morning is set aside for some chill time and just a little heart preparation...and prayer with another very dear friend.

The excitement is starting to come!!! :)

No comments: