Monday, June 9, 2008

Ugh...

So, I leave for Peru in 5 days.

And I'm sick.

Ugh...

I had some allergy/sinus ick all weekend, but I woke up this morning in full-fledged (and gross) cold mode. Congestion, drainage, man-voice and all.

Gross.

And, I have to get on a plane in 5 days.

Traveling sick and being in Peru sick doesn't really bother me all that much...I've done both, actually. What concerns me is that the travelling is on a plane.

Three years ago, the last time I was in Peru, I picked up a nasty head-cold...and by nasty, I mean NASTY. In the midst of the nastiness, we took a plane ride that lasted just a couple hours. I really, honestly thought my head would explode. My head has never hurt that bad in all my life. I cried on the plane 'cause it hurt so bad.

That's the part about being sick and leaving for Peru in 5 days that concerns me.

Well, that and the fact that I haven't even begun to shop or pack or anything...and with being sick, by the evening when I have time to do that, I'm just flat-out exhausted.

This will be an interesting week.

Pray!

No comments: