Saturday, October 11, 2008

Shiloh.Fusion Events

So, when I was working on my Not Me! Monday post for last week, I was hoping that I would have a little something more interesting happen this week so there would actually be a post or two in between my Not Me! Monday posts...'cause, really, how lame is it to have three Not Me! Monday posts in a row???

And, it did! My amazing, talented and beautiful friend Callie emailed me a few weeks back and said she had a new project she wanted to talk to me about. Callie is a year or so ahead of me in the whole "start your own photography business thing" and we've done some stuff together. She's taught me A TON about photography...we've done a couple weddings, and a couple shoots together. But, after that email, we didn't really talk for a while.

Last weekend, though, she had a going away party for my new Real American Hero, her husband, David. He left this past Monday for Navy training. Really, he and Callie both are my heroes these days...I cannot even begin to express my appreciation for them!

So, at the party, she threw out a new project idea...and it's almost as incredible as she is! Callie is hosting (or would it be hostessing? Does Callie even care??? I think not.)...she's putting together a bridal show...but not your traditional bridal show...a mock wedding. She's calling it the NotWedding. It's a whole big wedding with a bride and groom and bridesmaids and invitations and music and a reception with food and cake...and it's going to be flippin amazing!

And, I get to coordinate/direct the ceremony portion of the program! Again I say, so flippin exciting!!!

And, I'll be on the vendor list as coordinator.

Because of that, I needed a blog or website or something. So, I created Shiloh.Fusion Events...and the Shiloh.Fusion blog. I've only put up a post or two in case anybody runs across it before I get it put together...but, as I find the stuff I need, I'll be creating a post for each of the weddings I've done in the past. Check back if you're interested.

The name Shiloh.Fusion...

Over on the right side of my blog, where the links are, you'll see a link to Shiloh Photography. That's my photography company. I LOVE the word Shiloh and all that it means and stands for. The name Shiloh (like, for a person) means "His gift" and that is precisely what photography is for me...a gift from the Lord. So, it was a perfect name.

Shiloh is also the place in 1 Samuel where the Lord to Hannah when He promised her her heart's desire. It's not where He fulfilled it, but where He gave her the promise.

in naming my events planning efforts i wanted something that coordinated. In other places in the Old Testament, Shiloh refers to a place of rest, as well as a reference to Jesus as the "peaceful one." The town of Shiloh was a fairly nondescript place...a blank landscape to be filled by the new residents. Isn't that what marriage is all about??? A place of safety for the bride and groom...and blank canvas to be decorated by the bride and groom...and most of all, a reflection of Jesus?

So, Shiloh.

The definition of fusion:
the process or result of joining two or more things together to form a single entity

So, Fusion.

Shiloh.Fusion Events...two people becoming one to be a peaceful representation of Jesus...my prayer for the weddings I coordinate.

No comments: