Friday, July 6, 2007

Food...

Food...I love it!

I also find it interesting that the most adventurous thing I ate in Ecuador (this year--and I have to qualify it as this year...last year I ate guinea pig) was a pack of cookies purchased at a filling station on the side of the Pan-American Highway...but I've not quite been home two weeks and I had my first real experience with Sushi tonight. (Shout out to E-bags...thanks, friend.)

And I LOVED it.

I was born in a seaside town--a seafood town--lived for 5 years in another seafood town, lived on the coast of England (fish and chips, mate?) for two years and grew up in Florida and only just in the last year or so started eating cooked fish. But, I am willing to eat just about anything once (ie: guinea pig, although I've eaten that twice...in two different countries). I decided to give the octopus a shot (seriously) and don't particularly feel like I need to give it another one. It wasn't bad exactly, but a little tough...not so much pleasant to chew. The rest of the sushi, though, was amazing...even if the restaurant is a little sketch given its location...right next to the gas station. Hmmm...I ate raw fish in a restaurant attached to a gas station.

It seems I have an aversion to food from gas stations.

Furthermore, what does it say about my life that I just wrote an entire post about my dinner tonight.

Hmmm...I think its safe to say I totally need to get out more.

In other news, I miss my friends in Ecuador...no big surprise there. :) I think I miss them more today than usual because I know that a team from Marietta left today to spend a week in the same place, basically doing the same thing we did. They are with my friends. I did send a letter and some pictures down to Patty with them so hopefully I'll hear from soon.

Good night, all!

No comments: