Saturday, July 21, 2007

Sweet times...

Ok...I know this won't really make sense to anyone who reads it. Mostly, I know this because I don't understand it and I'm the one living through it. But, I'm going to say it anyway 'cause...well, 'cause its my blog and writing helps me process things. Anywho...

I'm homesick. And that doesn't make sense because I'm home...I'm here in Snellville at the church and among the friends and families that I dearly love; the people without whose influence, I would not be who I am. And, yet, I'm homesick. I'm homesick for a place in which I have never lived. In fact, it is a place I've only visited for a total of 12 days over two trips. You know that MercyMe song 'Homesick,' with the line: "If home is where my heart is, then I'm out of place"? (Click the link for full lyrics) Yeah...that's how I feel right now.

But! I do now finally have a cd with a bunch of pictures on it that I want to share with whoever may read this. I'm not in very many pictures from the trip, though, because I was separate from the team about half the time we were in Ambato and I only took about 4 pictures myself. But, ya'll don't wanna see me anyway. :)



If we talked at all after my trip to Ecuador last year, you doubtless heard about a pastor's wife I met named Jenni. This is she and I moments after we saw each other again this year. I treasure this woman...her friendship and encouragement. Lord willing, when I live in Ecuador I will work with her developing women's discipleship programs in her church...its one of the greatest desires of my heart! I have some really sweet stories of Jenni from this year's trip...not the least of which being when she sat with me, held my hand and brushed my hair when I was really sick!



Look at him, all GQ. :) That's Jonhattan, he's the pastor we work with in Ambato. One Grace missionary family has known him for probably 10 years, since he was in seminary in Texas...we've actually been working with him for 6 or 7, I think. His wife Yvonne and sister in law, Patty (Efraim's mom) are two of my better friends in Ambato. I can't wait to be able to sit under his teaching and be a part of his ministry on a more long-term basis!



Meet my shadow, Alison. :) I don't want this to sound prideful, but at the school in Ambato I was a rock star. Pretty much if I stepped onto the property I had kids all over me like this...but usually there were hordes of them. And this is the sweet girl that started it all. Really, if I was on the school grounds, she knew about it and she was as close to me as the school staff would let her be...it was a sixth sense or something...she could always find me. I'm pretty sure she was also the leader of the gang that tried to pull open the stall door one day when I was in the bathroom. She is such a sweet little girl! Always, always, always had hugs for whoever was willing to receieve them. Every night she sat through the small group discussion time holding my hand or laying her head on my shoulder. The last night, she clung to me like she is in this picture, but she was crying as we all sang 'Tu Eres Todo' to end the service and our time in Ambato.

Ok...so I have about a gazillion more pictures...I need to organize them and my stories better before I post more...but I will post more. Stay tuned. :)

No comments: