Tuesday, July 3, 2007

Mis Amigos en Ecuador

Ok...I've figured out this picture thing, so here you go...

I seriously, only took 4 pictures the entire time I was in Ecuador...not like me, I know, but the truth. So, I'll have to post pictures slowly as I get them from other people. For tonight, two pictures of two of my favorite people in the world!




This is my boy, Efraim. I spent a lot of time with him during that week. He is so sweet! We were buddies all week...he mostly made fun of me because I can't whistle and he can. The night we said goodbye to our friends in Ambato, he told his mom that he wants to marry me and that he didn't want me to leave him. Yeah, its a pretty fair accusation to say that he stole my heart!



My very special friend, Patty...and Efraim's mom. My Ecuador experience was a little different than most of the rest of the team...in the mornings, our team went to a new church property to paint while I stayed at the school and taught/hung out with the kids there. There were different ladies (from our team) with me each day, but I was the only one who stayed every day...and Patty was the translator that stayed at the school with us, so I spent a great deal of time with Patty. As much as I could, Patty and I would speak in Spanish which I think made her more comfortable. For whatever reason, the Lord saw fit for us to really hit it off. Patty and I had a lot of time to talk about our lives and families and I feel like if I had stayed longer we would have ended up being really good friends.

I miss these two so much! I would love to be able to pick up the phone and just call her to see how they're doing...but I can't!

I feel like I'm getting more settled back into my life now than I was when we first got back...and I'm ready to get back to my journal and finishing writing about the trip. Then I can go back through and write more specifics about the trip on here...and hopefully soon I'll have some more pictures to share!

No comments: